RE: [owl-users] Upgrading an existing install, or creating a new install

From: Robert Harris <rs904c_at_private>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:35:25 -0400
Alex,

Thanks for creating those instructions.

So, I've already downloaded the ISO image, how does one upgrade with the CD,
instead of the site?
I tried looking at "settle", but on the CD it is in binary format.

I also get the following error when following your instructions. Any idea on
the solution:
owl2!build:~$ rpm -ivh ~build/RPMS/kernel-2*
error: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Operation not permitted (1)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

-Robert Harris