Re: [owl-users] Owl 3.0 on Slashdot

From: Solar Designer <solar_at_private>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:03:48 +0300
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 07:36:51AM +0000, Simon Baker wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2010, at 07:20, Solar Designer wrote:
> >
> > I'd like the Slashdot crowd to comment on Owl (likely providing some
> > harsh criticism like they usually do, but that's OK).  Can you guys pass
> > this on and have it voted up maybe? -
> Done :-)

Thank You to everyone who has helped.  This was tough (the story was
very different from a typical Slashdot story these days), but we got
through. :-)  The story got posted at a new URL, though:

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/12/17/203204/Openwall-Linux-30-mdash-No-SUIDs-Anti-Log-Spoofing

93 comments so far.  Now I'd appreciate some community help in
moderating the comments thread.  As expected, a lot of people
inadvertently posted misleading comments (jumped to conclusions without
reading), which I and (GM) corrected with further comments.  Can our
corrections be voted up such that the truth is more easily seen? :-)

http://slashdot.org/~solardiz
http://slashdot.org/~gm.outside

If anyone is curious, we got 4000+ extra website hits from Slashdot so far.
This would be nothing new for JtR (it gets this much and more daily anyway),
but it is significant for Owl.

Thanks again,

Alexander