[owl-users] Openwall and OpenVZ for Student Network Labs and LAMP Setup

From: Stephan Holtwisch <Stephan.Holtwisch_at_fh-muenster.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:55:08 +0200
Hello,

i am considering setting up an OWL/OpenVZ playground environment for our
students (with an X-Server on a Windows machine). I am aware that LAMP
needs for programming exercises will most likely be met by installing a
RHEL oder CentOS template and by adding the necessary RPMS (the idea is
that every students gets a "machine" with root rights, that is easily
replacable). However since i have no prior experience with OpenVZ i am
somewhat concerned about Wireshark lessons. Will students be able to use
Wireshark in OpenVZ? And if yes, will there be some unexpected quirks?

regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Holtwisch
Fachhochschule Münster

email: stephan.holtwisch_at_fh-muenster.de

http://www.fh-muenster.de/wirtschaftsinformatik