Re: [owl-users] power outage

From: <gremlin_at_private>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 07:08:51 +0400
On 17-Jul-2011 19:05:23 +0000, alexis wrote:

 > Seems that owl automatically recovers after a power outage.

It simply performs automatic check of all filesystems. If there
are no serious errors, it continues to boot up.

For making it able to boot up even if some filesystem errors
were found, you may wish to change your init scripts to run
e2fsck with -y and without -a or -p options in order to fix
those errors automatically.

 > Shall I check something with owl or with openvz after power
 > loss?

If it's production server - just bring it up ASAP: even if some
data appears to be lost, you have a backup (don't you?). For
experimental or other non-critical servers you may wish to run
`e2fsck -vy ${device}` for all your filesystems, check for stale
PID or lock files, etc.

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
<gremlin ðòé gremlin ôþë ru>