Re: [owl-users] VMWare tools

From: Solar Designer <solar_at_private>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:22:59 +0400
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 07:42:25PM -0500, Robert Harris wrote:
> Searching for a valid kernel header path...
> The path "" is not a valid path to the 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2.owl2
> kernel headers.
>
> WARNING: This program cannot compile any modules for the following
> reason(s)...
>
> - This program could not find a valid path to the gcc binary.  Please ensure
> that the gcc binary is installed on this sytem.
>
> - This program could not find a valid path to the kernel headers of the
> running
> kernel.  Please ensure that the header files for the running kernel are
> installed on this sytem.
>
> I attempted to give it the path /usr/bin, but that doesn't work.
>

> Can you advise on the solution?

Based on your message only, no.  I think that one of us will need to
reproduce and debug these issues.  Galaxy - maybe you?  (I think you
were using Owl with VMware before.)

Robert - one thing you could try is running those tools under "strace -fF".
This should reveal what files they're trying to access.

Thanks,

Alexander