Re: [owl-users] Owl kickstart

From: Solar Designer <solar_at_private>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:03:13 +0400
Hi David,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 03:59:42PM -0500, David Parrish wrote:
> I'm trying to script the Owl 2 installation process using veewee.  Right
> now I'm simplying creating a sequence of keys to pass to the Owl
> installation wizard that comes with the iso image.

Curious.  Are you aware of "settle -d"?  That option enables the "dumb
terminal" mode, which may be friendlier to external scripting.

> I was wondering if Owl creates a kickstart file after the install which I
> could use to automate the installation.

No, it does not.

> The reason I am doing this is because my web host uses Owl 2 and I want to
> try to match my development environment to production using the vagrant
> tool.

Which web host is that?

> So, if anyone knows of a Owl VirtualBox image already created, that
> could also be helpful.

It takes like 5 minutes to install Owl into a VM (and then you have that
image that you can reuse), so it is unclear to me what you're looking for.

For network settings, you may pick:

10.0.2.30/24
gw 10.0.2.2
ns 10.0.2.3

These work with QEMU and I think with VirtualBox too (you'll need to
enable NAT in the VM settings).

Note that currently Owl itself does not have web hosting stuff in it, so
your web host is probably using some added packages on top of Owl -
you'll need to copy those to the VM or something.

> Eventually I'd like to contribute the veewee template and my vagrant
> basebox to the community.

Sounds cool.

Thanks,

Alexander