Re: [PEN-TEST] websence bypass ?

From: Ed Rolison (ed.rolisonat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 07:59:17 PDT

    >You can sometimes add :80 to the end of a url http://www.yahoo.com:80
    >You can also use the ip address of the webserver http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    >Maybe even add a :80 to the end of the ip url.
    >There is also a way to convert the ip address into a number string, I have
    >to go talk to some
    >people to remember how to do that one, but email me back so that I remember.
    >Tony

    Converting to a numeric value is done by 'pretending' that the dotted quad is a
    base 256 number. Thus the first byte is multiplied by 256*256*256, the second by
    256*256 the third by 256 and the last is not multiplied at all. Add these up and
    then try and connect to it using that number.

    66.38.151.10
    = 66 * 256 * 256 * 256
    + 38 * 256 * 256
    + 151 *256
    + 10
    = 1109825290

    Can then connect to this as http://1109825290 apparantly that'll skip past a
    number of validators which check against IP and 'name'

    (Or you could just use an IP-to-DWORD calculator such as that on
    http://www.fichtner.net/tools/ip2dword/
    More info: http://www.pc-help.org/obscure.htm )

    --
    Ed Rolison