Windump/Winpcap ported to gcc (cygwin)

From: Nate Lawson (nateat_private)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 15:41:34 PDT

    I have completed a port of the latest copy of windump and pcap (the
    Windows versions of tcpdump and libpcap/bpf packet filter) to gcc.  You
    can find the patchkits and instructions at:

          http://www.rootlabs.com/windump/

    The only things I wasn't able to port were the VXD and SYS.  I didn't have
    time to port the resource files for the Netmeter example so if someone can
    do that, I'd appreciate it.

    The original developer of Windump keeps having a problem with windump+gcc.
    When he presses ^C, the statistics aren't printed.  He traced the problem
    and believes windump is getting killed before its cleanup() call can
    finish.  My copy here works fine.  Here is how it should look:

     > $ c:/windows/system/windump
     > c:\windows\system\windump.exe: listening on PPPMAC
     > [CTRL-C pressed]
     > 0 packets received by filter
     > 0 packets dropped by kernel

    Please test windump+gcc and let me know if you can reproduce his problem
    (or find any others!).  Once the code is integrated with the main
    distribution, these patchkits will go away.

    I don't have time to answer general questions about how to compile it but
    welcome comments.

    Thanks,
    -Nate