Cybercop scanner returning false positive? IPP overflow on IIS4

From: Colin_Kushnierat_private
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 08:38:45 PDT

    I have a question regarding the behavior of module 10091 (newly released in
    update 5.5-200106?) in Cybercop 5.5 on NT4.

    While scanning a group of IIS4.0 servers in one environment, this module, which
    checks for the IIS IPP ISAPI extension buffer overflow of Microsoft bulletin
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-023.asp> returns
    positive. According to the bulletin and my understanding of the vulnerability,
    it affects IIS5.0 only.
    Scanning IIS4.0 servers in a different environment returns no results for this
    module, ie. false.

    I haven't yet contacted NAI, I was wondering if anyone has seen similar
    results...

    Thanks,

    Colin