Re: Penetration Techniques/Tool Used in the Testing

From: William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) (wcolburnat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 15:40:45 PDT

    Should I be worried that you work for the FAA?  ;)

    Check out http://www.nipc.gov/, specifically the CyberNotes at
    http://www.nipc.gov/cybernotes/cybernotes.htm.  They are published every
    two weeks, and might have a lot of what you are looking for.  You might
    also check with CERT at http://www.cert.org/, since they publish regular
    bullitens on the most frequent exploits being used, and SANS at
    http://www.sans.org/, since they publish daily summaries of "news" about
    hacking.

    PS: SANS is kind of like the Weekly World News of the computer industry
    so be careful of it.

    --
    William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburnat_private>
    Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology