Re: Voice over IP

From: Dug Song (dugsongat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 18:10:30 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 Brandon Young wrote:

    > A couple of colleagues and I are working on a security audit for a
    > VOIP system. Anyone know of any exploits and vulnerabilities that may
    > exist with Cisco's call manager? One thing we have found is that the
    > traffic can be sniffed during phone calls. TCP is used for the
    > initial connection setup and then once the phone has setup a session
    > to the call manager it then uses the RTP protocol. We found that the
    > conversation is placed in the PCMU audio codec. We are looking to
    > find a way to extract the payloads and reassemble the audio so that
    > we can play back the phone conversations.  We are also looking at
    > launching a man in the middle attack and getting access to the
    > conversation and trying and listen to it in real time instead of
    > capturing and replaying. Any ideas on some possible ways to execute
    > this?

    soon to be integrated into the dsniff suite:

    	http://www.monkey.org/~provos/vomit/

    decode and convert Cisco IP phone calls into .wav format for playback
    (either realtime or from a tcpdump capture), and inject .wav data into
    ongoing telephone conversations.

    be sure to leave a tip for Niels. :-)

    -d.

    p.s. he really does leave me those kind of crazy messages...

    ---
    http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/