Re: Identifying Machines

From: Jeremy Sanders (jsandersat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 14:41:54 PDT

    If you can find an ftp server on the subnet you might try an ftp bounce scan to bypass some of the filtering. I would also try to map out all of the firewall rules first.

    Jeremy

    >>> "Rick Who Else?" <myworldat_private> 06/19/01 07:55AM >>>

    Let me clarify somewhat. Lets imagine a scenario, of being on a seperate
    network of your target network. So sniffing traffic and MAC addresses don't
    apply. And you wish to see how many machines on are a certain subnet. So you
    wish to scan the entire range of a class C, lets say. ICMP is filtered out.
    And some of the machines  may have no ports open. What I mean by that, as
    someone asked, would be no services running on any port. Therefore there are
    no banners.

    Thanks for all the replies so far.