RE: pcanywhere passwd capture

From: Andrew van der Stock (ajv@e-secure.com.au)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 20:43:09 PDT

    If they are using "no encryption", you should be able to sniff it. If they
    are using a less than perfect configuration, which allows you pull down the
    encryption level, and you have a tool like hunt to help inject a correctly
    formatted response packet, and you're quicker than the respondant, and the
    TCP iss sequences are predictable, you should be able to similarly encourage
    "no encryption", but I doubt it's worth the effort.

    pcAnywhere prior to release 8 has a lot of issues. pcAnywhere 8 and 9 can
    still be killed off if you don't patch them properly. pcAnywhere 10 is
    pretty new and I have not had a chance to really play with it yet, but the
    options for secure operation are really good from the doco I've read.

    Andrew