SUMMARY: Ethical Hacking Courses

From: rikard.carlssonat_private
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 08:04:27 PDT

    Hi all!
    I just wanted to add that we iXsecurity, formerly known as Infosec, offer an
    ethical hacker
     course that we call "In the mind of a hacker". It is a two-day course that is
    customized for
    network administrators, security people. The objective of the training program
    is to provide
    a new perspective to security thinking. We try to teach the participants to
    think and act as
    hackers, both practically and theoretically. During these two days, theory is
    alternated with
    practice. The participants will learn how to attack security systems in a
    laboratory environment,
    discover hacker attacks, search for hacker information on the Internet, and
    design an action
    plan for what should be done if a company has had a break-in or attempted
    break-in.

    Content:
    The course concentrates on practical exercises where the participants themselves
    perform
    hacker attacks on UNIX, Novell and Windows NT servers. The participants will
    also learn to
    design security routines, logging and alarm policies, how to identify a hacker
    attack and
    which aids are available.

    Previous knowledge required:
    The course requires comprehensive knowledge of UNIX and some PC experience.

    The course is normally held every second month in both Stockholm, Sweden and in
    Coventry U.K.
     On request, iXsecurity can arrange this course in other locations.

    For more information call +46 8 6621070 or e-mail Per Tempelman
    (per.tempelmanat_private)
    iXsecurity is a Swedish based tiger team that has worked with computer-related
    security since 1982
     and done network penetration tests and technical audits since 1995.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/