RE: Finding PC Anywhere on Client Machines

From: Greg (gregat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 15:26:53 PDT

    Bear in mind that many older (berfore 9.x I think) versions of PCAnywhere
    will hang after a port scan. I have come across this very annoying problem
    in several jobs. The TCP connection (or even a SYN) to 5631/tcp appears to
    hang the PCAnywhere service requiring a service restart, if you have a
    feeling that PCAnywhere is there then either use a UDP scan (port 5632 I
    think) or connect manually to 5631/tcp and send a carriage return before you
    disconnect.

    regards

    Greg