Re: Tool kit assembly

From: Nicolas Gregoire (nicolas.gregoireat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 09:51:24 PDT

    > And here begins my request... I was wondering if anyone on this list could
    > give me recommendations of programs or websites that would be useful for
    > someone (such as myself) who is creating a 'tool kit'.  With the wide array
    > of programs available, I'd like to avoid getting programs that are not up to
    > par.  commercial or non-commercial is fine.

    Try Trinux (http://www.trinux.org/).
    It's a linux distribution with a LOT of pen-tests tools already inside.

    Here is a part of the complete liste available at
    http://trinux.sourceforge.net/tools.html :
    curl, dsniff, ethereal, firewalk, fragrouter, hping, hunt, isic, nasl
    (from Nessus), nemesis, nmap, ngrep, nstreams, openssh, openssl, p0f,
    rain, sendip, sing, sniffit, snort, tcpdump, vomit, zodiac, .....

    Nicob

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/