Tivoli Management Framework

From: Duct Tape (duc_ttapeat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 10:26:49 PDT

    I am curious about doing some penetration testing on a site who has
    Tivoli installed on their Internet web servers.  Based upon some IBM
    Redbook documentation on Tivoli, it looks like Tivoli requires many
    ports need to be opened, 94, 512 (exec), and all above 1024.

    If this is true and if I can take over one of their IIS servers,
    shouldn't I be able to use these Tivoli ports to take over any other
    server especially those Unix machines with exec running on them?  I'm
    also curious about any vulnerabilities found in version 1.1 of CORBA
    because this technology is what Tivoli is built upon according to IBM's
    documents.  Port 94 has something to do with these CORBA calls.

    From what the people at the site said, IBM's professional services
    configured Tivoli for them and explained that all of these ports were
    necessary to open for Tivoli to work.  I just thought to myself that
    I'd never let anyone open all of those ports if it were my firewall.

    As always, much appreciation for any help and insight.

    Thanks
    Duct Tape

    =====
    duc_ttapeat_private
    Duct Tape: I have a light side and a dark side,
    and I hold my universe together.