Re: Pwdump2 with UNICODE?

From: steven.m.gillat_private
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 18:11:00 PDT

    FYI,

    While this does work on NT4, using cmdasp.asp on 2K will not dump the
    hashes.  This is because IIS 5 runs the Windows Scripting Host under th
    IWAM_<machine-name> context.

    Steve

                        Lists
                        <lists@ironco        To:     Penetration Testers <PEN-TESTat_private>
                        met.com>             cc:
                                             Subject:     Re: Pwdump2 with UNICODE?
                        08/07/2001
                        11:15 PM

    Hello all.

    I wanted to thank everyone for the responses.

    Here is my quick summary. I got CmdAsp.asp and uploaded it to the server.
    By
    the way, I used upload.asp to get things up to the server. After running
    cmdasp.asp, I was able to run pwdump2 and get the hashes. They are running
    through a cracker as we speak. CmdAsp.asp seems to work really well.

    As far as the \repair\sam._ file, I was unable to get this file to copy.
    Everything I tried got access denied. However, it really doesn't matter as
    succeeded in "getting the hashes" as required for this test.

    Anyway, thanks for everyone's input on this. It was very helpful.

    Allen Archer

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert
    (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

    computer.