Re: DoS tools

From: Josha Bronson (dmuzat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 21:17:27 PDT

    On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:00:08PM -0700, Mark Villanova said:
    > I am looking to hammer an open source firewall/IDS to really put it
    > through its paces. What I need is an all in one TCP/IP/UDP denial of
    > service tool.  My client wants to see the results of these real world
    > tools against this box to prove how effective a well managed open source
    > solution can be.  I have heard  ? datapool ? is good but have been
    > unable to find it so far.  Any suggestions on such a tool are welcome.

    If what you are looking to do is simply generate insane amounts of
    traffic try using the following code:
    http://packetstormsecurity.org/DoS/punk.c

    I've found that this tool will generate just about as much traffic as
    any given single machine can create.

    --
    josha.bronson(aka->dmuz) >> dmuzat_private
    networks/systems/security && CCNA, RHCE

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/