RE: Security Audit

From: Ogle Ron (Rennes) (OgleRat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 02:11:00 PDT

    I've seen all of those sources, and I understand that everyone has one.  The
    sources are info only.  What I'm saying is that the security business needs
    to define more standardized solutions.  What is being asked by a lot of
    people, is the same for audits by accountants.  There are standard well
    recognized practices that are followed in the accounting area but not in the
    security area.  The security area is very much a buyer's be ware strategy
    with neophyte security companies providing a lousy service.

    Maybe under the auspices of the ISC2 for CISSPs, a standardization of terms
    and expectations can be created for all in the security area to follow.  Of
    course, each security company can then state that they provide additional
    services, but at least there is a minimum expectation.  At least part of the
    ethics code that must be signed by CISSPs provides for some level of
    professionalism which is really what is needed here for the audits.

    Ron Ogle
    Thomson multimedia
    Rennes, France

     Price is also based on resources and time needed to