Re: Brute force web/ftp/telnet tool

From: Josha Bronson (dmuzat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 11:15:55 PDT

    On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 08:49:59AM -0700, Craig Duerr (Anaheim) said:
    > Can anyone recommend a brute force password tool for use with a web page,
    > ftp or telnet account? I would like to demonstrate to my developers the
    > amount of time it takes to get into a system with weak passwords and zero
    > logging.

    http://packetstormsecurity.org/Crackers/

    You should be able to find any number of brute force tools for many
    protocols there, including telnet, http, smtp and others.

    Of course, your brute force attack is only as good as your dictionary.
    May I also suggest the CERIAS ftp archive for putting together a nice
    dictionary for brute force attacks.

    ftp://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/dict/

    --
    josha.bronson(aka->dmuz) >> dmuzat_private
    networks/systems/security && CCNA, RHCE

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/