ToorCon Computer Security Conference 2001

From: h1kari (h1kariat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 01:45:11 PDT

    ToorCon Computer Security Conference 2001
    2001: A HACKING ODYSSEY

    San Diego Concourse - San Diego, CA
    September 28th-30th, 2001
    http://www.toorcon.com

    NEW TO TOORCON 2001
    Just reminding everyone that ToorCon is approaching. It's scheduled for
    September 28th-30th this year and will be better then ever with more
    speakers, more vendors, and more space. We received so many impressive
    speaker submissions that we had to open up a second track for the 29th, and
    with the feedback from last year, we've planned a few new features:

    - The ToorCon Challenge
     A contest that tests your overall knowledge of hacking and computer
     security, and applies it to solve current problems in the community.

    - Network Testbed
     We will be providing wireless and wired networking equipment for live
     demonstrations and testing as a replacement for RootWars, so bring your
     boxes!

    - Two Movies Being Shown
     This year we will be showing Freedom Downtime again as well as another movie
     in our extra speaker room, these movies will be shown on Saturday, September
     29th at 9:00pm, and will be open to the public free of cost, so feel free to
     invite your friends!

    REGISTRATION
    This year, ToorCon admission is $50 at the door, or you can pre-register for
    the same price and it includes a complimentary ToorCon 2k++ t-shirt, 3
    stickers, and express registration at the con. We will be closing
    pre-registration a week before ToorCon (Friday, September 21st), so
    pre-register soon!

    Cheers,
    -h1kari

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/