Re: 802.11B and libpcap

From: Robert van der Meulen (rvdmat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 06:33:12 PDT

    Hi,

    Quoting Ronny Vaningh (ronny.vaninghat_private):
    > Also, what is so special in the PRISMII cards that airsnort only works
    > with them, and can you recommend any card in particular.
    The only thing i could make out from the driver sources of the prismII and
    the hermes-based cards, is that the 'MONITOR' mode currently only works in
    the prismII driver; you need 'MONITOR' mode for stuff like this.

    Greets,
    	Robert
    --
    			      Linux Generation
       encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdmat_private for my GnuPG/PGP key.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/