Re: Problems on the DOS-Prompt

From: Tomi Tuominen (Tomi.Tuominen@F-Secure.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 23:38:35 PDT

    Rainer Duffner wrote:
     > I seem to habe problems with a netcat-bindshell on a plain-vanilla
     > NT4SP6a. I can execute some commands, but some fail.
     > E.g., I thought I could map drives with NET USE - but I only get
     > some  4-digit error-code.
     > I can upload files, get the SAM via rdisk, restart IIS etc.
     > Even with hk.exe, NET USE fails. Is there an explanation ?

    One can not mount network drives with system rights.

    --T

    --
      Tomi 'T' Tuominen
      F-Secure Corporation / Security Research

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/