Oracle 8 security paper

From: Pete Finnigan (peteat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:39:07 PDT

    Hi all

    Some time ago i responded to a thread on Oracle security on this list
    and said that i was writing a paper on Oracle security. This paper has
    now been finished in its first incarnation and is available on our web
    site at http://www.pentest-limited.com/oracle-security.htm or if you go
    to the main page its on the technical and white papers section, second
    one down as either HTML or PDF.

    I received a lot of feedback when i first posted that i was writing this
    paper so i thought it pertinent to let this list know that its now
    there.

    I plan to keep updating the paper and improving and adding new sections
    as a "living" document. I have already got quite a lot of feedback from
    people who have looked at it already and an ever expanding list of
    changes to make and add.

    I intend to add these changes and update the paper, other work
    commitments allowing over the next few weeks. The paper is quite large
    at nearly 60 pages and is aimed at exploring the areas of Oracle where
    security holes / exploits could and do exist. Its main intention was to
    try and talk in one place about Oracle security and provoke interest in
    making these database installations more secure.

    Any comments will be gratefully received.

    thanks

    --
    Pete Finnigan
    IT Security Consultant

    Office  01565 830 990
    Fax     01565 830 889
    Mobile  07974 087 885

    pete.finnigan@pentest-limited.com

    www.pentest-limited.com

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/