Re: binary switching, no killing

From: David Ford (dfordat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 13:51:15 PDT

    Modularize your functions and use a process unique (a|b) id;
    function_123 loaded at startup, function_124 loaded later, load the new
    module function_124, migrate data sets as needed, lock data sets,
    deregister function_X -> function_123, register function_X ->
    function_124, unlock data sets.  If your code works properly, all you
    need is a function shell structure and you can continue this for a long
    time.

    David