Pen-testing Simatic Data Aquisition Periphery e.g. PLC S5 or S7

From: Patrick Coomans (Patrick.Coomansat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 11:14:12 PDT

    I have a project for which I will have to pen-test Siemens PLC's that drive production processes and do data aquisition.

    Is there anyone who has literature on this or done this before?

    The PLC's use TCP/IP so that will be the first thing I will go for, but most of the PLC's are simply connected to a propriary bus system (e.g. Interbus) which in turn is connected to a PC.  So attacking the "Data Aquisition and Visualisation PC" as a backdoor to the PLC would be my second option.

    Thanks,
    Patrick

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/