FW: Accessing registry through command line

From: pmawsonat_private
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 15:59:45 PDT

    regedit is nice.
    Allows you to import and export registry information to and from a text
    file.

    regedit /e c:\inetpub\wwwroot\registry.txt

    Will dump a copy of the registry to text file (all you have access to read
    anyway).
    When just view it with your browser.

    http://target/registry.txt

    Goes without saying this will be a VERY large file.

    It is possible to dump only parts of the registry with the regedit command.
    Can't remember how to do this off the top of my head.  Have a look hear.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet

    another good command to use with the Unicode exploit is

    winmsd /a /f

    This writes a system report to text file.

    This gives you a lot of really useful information.

    The text file will be the name of the computer and is written to your
    working directory.

    Note:  This only works on IIS 4 (NT 4).

    If anyone knows of a way to get this information on windows 2000 please let
    me know.