Re: Nmap issues...? or router?

From: Stephen Perciballi (routergat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 12:45:36 PDT

    I've never seen nmap behave this way.   Only the opposite with UDP scans going slow.

    If they are on a burstable T3, it could have been more established TCP connections using the presumable OC3, OC12 uplink.  Try tracerouteing to them and see where the latency is.  Another huge one we see alot of times is bad network segmentation.   If possible ask the client to clear counters first, then do the scan, then have them send you the sh int.  They could be getting a lot of collisions, whatever.  You may also want them to check a show proc cpu.  Unfortunately more information is required, however it would be far fetched to blame nmap.