Re: IIS

From: miguel.dilajat_private
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 03:56:11 PDT

    Hello all

    Little intro: I'm new to the list. I'm a Linux and IT security instructor
    and consultant in Argentina, doing penetration testing as part of the job.

    Some time ago somebody discussed this point on BugTraq. It seems that
    applying SP2 causes inconsistency due to some DLLs being downgraded (i.e.
    SP2 was badly built). People in BT suggested to do a full backup before
    applying SP2, and then restore the newest DLLs from the backup.
    Well... it's not the first time M$ did that to us... poor people.
    Cheers,

    Miguel Dilaj

    Leandro Malaquias <wazupat_private> on 23/10/2001 13:42:46