Re: Using Null Session information from NAT.EXE

From: Tom Fischer (Tom.Fischerat_private-stuttgart.de)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 13:04:15 PST

    Hi,

    On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 05:39:30PM +0000, Ian Lyte wrote:
    > Running NAT.EXE on a machine my local network gives me the following results
    > [...]
    > Now from here I thought it would just be a case of
    > NET USE Z: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$ /user:administrator password
    > to map the C$ to a local z:
    > However every time I try that it gives me a
    > System error 1326 has occurred.
    > Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    different LAN Manager authentication level? One box sends LM & NTLM

    Windows 2000 config: Group Policy\Computer Configuration\Windows
    Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\LAN Manager Authentication
    Level

    Furthermore use:
    NET USE Z: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\c$ /user:domainname\username password

    ciao, Tom
    --
    Tom Fischer                              Tom.Fischerat_private-stuttgart.de
    RUS-CERT University of Stuttgart       Tel:+49 711 685-8076 / -5898 (fax)

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/