Notes HTTP password (was: Re: wanted: a script to try dictionary attacks against NOTES ID files)

From: miguel.dilajat_private
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 10:31:33 PST

    Hello people

    The discussion on Notes ID bring something to my mind.
    Some time ago people of Trust Factory showed a tool named 'sesame' to brute
    force/dictionary attack of hashed Notes HTTP passwords in a Black Hat
    convention. The algorythm used is a variant of RSA MD4 (without salt, so
    each password gives only 1 hash). People of Trust Factory didn't release
    sesame to the public.
    Is there any other tool to attack those passwords? I take into account the
    fact that people tends to use the same password in many places, Notes HTTP
    password, Notes login, net login, etc. All tools I know are able to attack
    standard MD4 with salt, not the Notes variant.
    Best regards,

    Miguel Dilaj

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/