Re: SQL

From: Andrea secondote? (btnewat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 02:56:39 PST

    >From: "Kevin Spett" <kspettat_private>
    >To:<PEN-TESTat_private>
    >Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:56:06 -0800

    >There's code like this in the web app:

    >SQL_Query_String = "SELECT somefield FROM Users WHERE Username = '" &
    >strUserName & "' AND Password = '" & strPassword & "'"
    >strValue = SQL_Query(SQL_Query_String) ..
    [snip]

    Hi I'm a newbie in pen-testing. I read this article and I've found a link
    too. I've tryed this metod on my website which had a url like this:
    http://www.thesite.com/login.asp. I've check out the error so I've found how
    was wrote the field username & password so I've put ' or user like '% etc...
    and the site answer me with..: Wellcome operator. Ok.
    But what I don't understand is like taking advantage of this attack for
    having password or account o sensible information.. Can you give me some
    other informatin about it? Thanks

       .::SNHYPER::.
    Security Team Milano

    Scarica GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer all'indirizzo
    http://explorer.msn.it/intl.asp

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/