Re: sql injection with MS Access

From: Kevin Spett (kspettat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:46:09 PST

    > I am currently testing SQL injection with a web application and MS Access
    > database. I have some difficulties as I do not knowing the comment
    character
    > for Access Database.

        I'm afraid that you're out of luck.  There is no magical -- character to
    work with in MS Access like SQL Server.  You'll have to get around the
    syntax error the hard way.  Try sending these strings as parameters to fish
    out as much of the sql query as possible:

    '
    badvalue'
    'badvalue
    badvalue, badvalue
    ' OR

    Also, here're the MS Access system tables, which you hopefully will have
    priveleges to read:
    MSysACEs
    MSysObjects
    MSysQueries
    MSysRelationships

    Good luck.

    Kevin Spett
    Resident SQL Injection Ninja
    SPI Dynamics, Inc.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/