Re: Send output to file in SQL

From: Narayana Kondreddi (Vyasknat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:48:09 PST

    Alec, there are couple of ways to do this in Microsoft SQL Server.

     - Use a DTS (Data Transformation Services) package to output the query
    results to a text file (SQL Server 7.0 and above)
     - Run the query from command line, using isql.exe or osql.exe by passing
    the query and the output file name as parameters
     - In Query Analyzer, you can save the output to a file, from the File menu

    HTH,
    Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
    Check out my SQL Server website @
    http://vyaskn.tripod.com/