State of Security

From: Dave (yodaveat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:58:12 PST

    All,

    I've been asked to speak before an executive audience (C*Os)
    about the state of security. The group that's invited me wants
    some data points for these folks, i.e., whether security is
    improved/same, etc.

    The problem I am having with all the material I've so far
    encountered is that it's been provided by (you bet) C*Os.

    Alfred Huger has request that you please direct
    all responses to me (mailto:yodaveat_private)

    I'll post the summary results to the list.

    I appreciate that the questions are not specific. They are
    only intended to help frame the presentation for the C*Os

    Disclosure: I won't be paid for this presentation.

    1: Our organizations' network security is better than it was prior to 911
    (Y or N)

    2: We have purchased and use better and more security technology than we
    did prior to 911

    Better (Y or N)
    More (Y or N)

    3: Our security posture is more proactive today than 6 months ago (Y or N)

    4: Our organization acknowledges the importance of security and
    has

    a) revised policy accordingly (Y or N)
    b) increased funding for security (Y or N)
    c) made corresponding changes to our security services (Y or N)

    5: Business continuity and disaster avoidance planning
    has received the most attention and funding (Y or N)

    6: The concern with business continuity and disaster avoidance
    has diverted attention and funding from other security issues (Y or N)

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    Regards,

    Dave

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/