Re: Nokia IP 330 Firewall Appliance

From: Mike Brentlinger (mdbrentlingerat_private)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 06:07:48 PDT

    Resolution 692
    How do I change the admin password when it is lost or unknown?

    IPSO (Operating system),   System Configuration
    for version: 3.0  And Later

    last update: 03/27/2000 11:03:23
    This resolution describes how to delete the admin password.

    If you are running IPSO version 3.1.3 or earlier on an IP650 or on an IP330,
    please contact support and ask about Internal Resolution 1961 - How to
    remove config and password if /etc/overpw fails.
    SOLUTION
    You must have local serial console access to the unit to perform this
    procedure. Keyboard and monitor directly connected to the machine will not
    display the "boot:" line, which means you will not be able to perform this
    procedure.

    1) Boot up in single user mode: To do this reboot or power cycle the
    machine, When you see the line " boot: " you must enter "-s" before it goes
    into multiuser mode. (you have about 10 seconds)

    * on a ip330 or ip650 you need to type boot -s at the BOOTMGR prompt*
    BOOTMGR[0]> boot wd0 /image/current/kernel -s

    2) After it boots, it will ask you "Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for
    sh:", press Enter key.

    3) Type "/etc/overpw" in the # prompt. It will ask if you want continue,
    type "y".

    In IPSO 3.1.3 systems and earlier, it will ask you to put a floppy disk into
    the floppy drive to make sure you have physical access to the box. Put a
    floppy disk into the floppy drive and press Enter key. IPSO 3.1.4 and later
    does not ask this question.

    4) The admin password defaults to no password for admin. Continue to boot to
    multiuser mode.

    5) Re-config the passwd as usual, in Voyager.