Thoughts on VNC access?

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjungingerat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 07:58:32 PDT

    I just wanted to pose a question to get your collective opinions.  Upon
    enumerating VNC servers in a network, what is your preferred method of
    gaining access?  There is the obvious grabbing of the
    HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3 keys and using X4(VNCrack) to extract the
    unencrypted password, or the raw brute force method of using a wordlist
    with VNCrack.  Are there any more elegant methods of gaining access out
    there?  I have heard rumor of a vncviewer client that functions
    similarly to VNCrack, but have never seen it.

    -Jeremy