Re: Pentesting Cisco 3640 devices via dialup ?

From: Evrim ULU (evrimat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 05:50:33 PDT

    r00tat_private wrote:
    >>From what I know so far, by default Cisco devices will disconnect a user from a
    > dialup session after 3 unsucessfull authentication attempts, which means I need
    > to manually re-iniate the dialup connection every 50-60 seconds. I feel this
    > will be infeasable due to the time required to crack a single password.

    > Could anyone suggest a way to automate this. Or could anyone who has pen-tested
    > RAS servers over dialup specify an alternative method.

    You may simply use wvdial or a chat script to automate this. Write a simply c
    code and bind it with chat then read your wordlist and write results to a file
    by redirecting the output. Heh simple?

    Regards,
    --
    Evrim ULU
    evrimat_private / evrimat_private

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/