Xprobe2 - Tool & Paper release

From: Ofir Arkin (ofir@sys-security.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 09:29:18 PDT

    I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of the current
    development code of Xprobe2.

    Xprobe2 is an active operating system fingerprinting tool with a
    different approach to operating system fingerprinting. Xprobe2 rely on
    fuzzy signature matching, probabilistic guesses, multiple matches
    simultaneously, and a signature database.

    The tool's release is accompanied by a white paper explaining our fuzzy
    approach to operating system fingerprinting and the various problems
    facing other remote active operating system fingerprinting tools
    available today, which we have tried to remedy.

    The current development code is available from:
    http://www.sys-security.com/archive/tools/xprobe2/xprobe2-current-devel.
    tar.gz

    The White Paper is available from:
    http://www.sys-security.com/archive/papers/Xprobe2.pdf

    Yours
    Ofir Arkin [ofir@sys-security.com]
    Founder
    The Sys-Security Group
    http://www.sys-security.com
    PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/