Re: Using a Stand-Alone Network Printer as a network attack entry point?

From: Nick Jacobsen (nickat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:01:50 PDT

    gar...  I missed BOTH defcon 10 and BHB this year...  anyway, Regarding
    changing the ROM, I was refering to using TFTP to lead a new Flash ROM,
    which can be done remotely...  And Ron, am I understanding you to say that
    JetDirect have telnet functionality built in?  Also, apoligies for thinking
    this might be an original idea...  I really had never heard of it being done
    to any stand alone printers...

    Nick Jacobsen
    ethicsat_private