BroadVision command Injection

From: stephen (stephenat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 09:50:28 PDT

    I've come across a web application using BroadVision, that's vulnerable to
    script injection.  Trouble is, is that BV doesn't use straight SQL, but
    rather some sort of server-side Javascript (seriously).  The command in
    the page, looks like this:
    Session.serviceOfflineCM.contentByCondition( OWNER_ID = 99999993333 AND
    DELETED = 0 AND UPPER(LIST_VALUE) LIKE UPPER('%hello'%') ,US
    ,'SOME_THING' ,null )

    I injected hello' into the vulnerable field.  Any ideas on how to actually
    run any code on the server ?  The usual comment characters don't seem to
    The web is full of marketing information about BV, but very sparse on
    technical/programmatical info, any links to usefull tech info will be
    appreciated.

    cheers,
    Stephen

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/