which freebsd/apache is exploitable at all?

From: Ingram (Vailat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 08:00:37 PDT

    greetings,

    which Version of FreeBSD is really exploitable with the gobbles nosejob.c
    exploit?
    I tried it on several versions, but couldnīt manage to get shell. On OpenBSD
    itīs
    not a problem, i could even spawn a shell on 2.9 which is not "supported" by
    nosejob/scalp.

    I tried the following configs:

    FreeBSD 4.4 RELEASE + Apache 1.3.22
    FreeBSD 4.5 RELEASE + Apache 1.3.23
    FreeBSD 4.5 RELEASE + Apache 1.3.24
    FreeBSD 4.6 RELEASE + Apache 1.3.24
    FreeBSD 4.6 RELEASE + Apache 1.3.25

    I use the cygwin win32 port of the gobbles nosejob.

    Could anybody point me to the right direction how to exploit the apache
    chunked vuln
    on FreeBSD and which version/parameters actually work?

    thx in advantage
    Ingram

    http://www.gmx.net

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/