Follow up:Apache Nosejob

From: Jeremy Junginger (jjungingerat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 10:15:06 PDT

    After perfiorming some research, I noticed that the apache worm that is
    plaguing FreeBSD machines uses the following settings (please correct me
    if I'm wrong):

    FreeBSD 4.5 x86 / Apache/1.3.20 (Unix):
    D=-146,
    B= 0xbfbfde00,
    R= 6
    Z= 36

    FreeBSD 4.5 x86 / Apache/1.3.22-24 (Unix)
    D=-134
    B= 0xbfbfdb00
    R= 3
    Z=36

    After seeing this, I think I have a patched version of Apache installed,
    as the second exploit, which should work, does not.  If any of you have
    an older, vulnerable version of apache or know where I can find one, let
    me know.  Anyways, thanks for the help.

    -Jeremy