Network Mapping and Protocol Analysers

From: Talisker (offthecuffat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 14:35:57 PDT

    Hi
    I'm looking for a protocol analyser and some good network mapping software,
    anyone got any favorites?  I apologise for the text below reading like an
    advert in a personals column, though GSOH optional.

    Protocol Analyser
    Must have a good  range of covered protocols, session reassembly and replay

    What other nice features do people make good use of?  I do like different
    colors for different protocols

    Network Mapping
    Looking for a fast tool with minimal bandwidth consumption, suited to
    mapping remote networks over thin low bandwidth pipes. Capable of
    identifying hosts etc.  Needs to have a good visualisation package

    Any help in narrowing down the field would be greatly appreciated

    Taliskers Network Security Tools
    http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/