Re: Wardialing

From: Philippe Langlois (philat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 16:01:26 PDT

    Erik,

    As i was trying to find some information about wardialing, I saw this
    tool by Immutec which seems to be available for free for evaluation:

    http://www.immutec.com/htm/04products/tmap.html#

    It's the first tool I see which uses ISDN to audit ISDN lines, analog
    modems and detect FAX and voice too. That's a very interesting
    applicatoin indeed, i wished there was an open source version of this.

    This was announced on the list earlier:
    http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/101/283981/2002-07-21/2002-07-27/0
    or (if securityfocus is unreachable):
    http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:CB_JnGqXnwsC:online.securityfocus.com/archive/101/283981/2002-07-21/2002-07-27/0+pen-test+tmap&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    (google cache)

    By the way, THC-Scan has a hard time working on fast machines due to a
    CRT library time-delay calibration that fails during start-up. Did
    anyone make a fixed package of THC-Scan?

    Also to be mentionned is "PhoneTag" under windows.

    Best regards,
    Philippe Langlois.
    http://www.wavesecurity.com - Wireless LAN security scanner & IDS
    http://www.TSTForce.com - Security consulting